The Jordan LifeCare Centre is a 50-bed Nursing Home, owned and operated by a Board of Directors who are appointed from members of the local communities.
The property was initially donated by Mrs. Jeanette Jordan in 1909 to the Government of New Brunswick to be used as a sanatorium for the treatment of tuberculosis patients. When this type of facility was no longer needed in the mid-1960s, it was converted to a nursing home, owned by the New Brunswick Government. Initially, it was managed by the Department of Family and Community Services and later in the 1980’s by an independent Community Board of Directors.
In 2001 the Home was reopened as the Jordan LifeCare Centre, a new, smaller 50-bed Nursing Home on the same site. Subsequently, many additional improvements and enhancements were made to the new facility including the addition in the Spring of 2012 of a new multi-purpose room, Ruby Hall, for the benefit of residents, their families, and the Activities Department.